Home Health Care is a service that provides medical, therapeutic and domestic care to seniors with disabilities or chronic illnesses. The services are provided within their own homes or places of residence. Care may be short-term or ongoing. Home Health Care in Salt Lake City is provided by Heartwood Home Health & Hospice.
Home health care services typically include the following:
Nursing visits by skilled, licensed professionals.
Monitoring of vital signs and assistance with medications.
The provision of physical or occupational therapies.
Monitoring of Vital signs and Glucose Levels
Administering of Injections
Rehabilitation Services to aid recovery
Prosthetic Training for amputees
Benefits of Home Health Care:
Home health careoffers many benefits to patients and their families. The main benefits include:
– Care is delivered directly to patients in the privacy of their home. This enhances their personal comfort, and is highly convenient.
– Having a skilled and dedicated team to undertake your care simplifies your lives immeasurably.
– Services can be adapted according to changing needs.
– Patients do not have to drive to an appointed destination, or many different locations, to receive care. The full complement of medical services is delivered directly to them.
– With home health care, patients do not have to tolerate unnecessary waiting around at hospitals or other health facilities.
– Home health care gives them a level of personal autonomy and independence that would be hard to find in hospitals or nursing homes.
Paying for Home Health Care:
Home health care is 100 percent funded by Medicare. Home health care can also be funded privately, by Medicaid, other insurance coverage or by the Veteran’s Administration.